Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

The house is all dressed up - awaiting the arrival of goblins and ghouls.

Boo-Scat Halloween Cat

It is Halloween and the kids did not have school today. The official reason for this is so that the teachers can enter their 1st term grades in the school district grade book. But according to my kids, the real reason is so they can run around like wild banshees all day, eating candy, messing up the house and yes, even having a lemonade stand in the front yard. I tried hard to convince the kids that indeed, Halloween is NOT a national holiday, but they are not buying it. They have argued that it would be a great injustice if I made them do homework, work in the yard or practice their instruments. So far I won on the yard and instruments, but caved on the homework front. Two out of three is not bad. Trick or treating is still on the docket, so the night is young. I am including below three darling sites I found today.

www.ziggityzoom.com - great activities for young kids.
www.ohthelovelythings.blogspot.com - the name says it all.
www.themotherhuddle.com - a bunch of ladies' cute ideas, recipes, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment