Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pumpkin-Palooza!


We had a few families over tonight for pumpkin carving - great night. I absolutely love carving pumpkins - gutting them, using the little tiny saw-like knives, creatively channeling some inner demon/fantasy on the bright orange pumpkin flesh. This year my creation was a visual ode to Belinda Carlisle of the Go-Go's, circa 1982. It turned out pretty good. Of course, this party is really just an excuse to eat and drink more fun, fall food/beverage - carmel apples, hot apple cider, toasted pumpkin seeds, hot cocoa and hot scones with homemade honey butter, which just reminds me of a billboard I drove by today that is in front of a gym in downtown Bountiful that said, "Beware, average holiday weight gain is 10 lbs. Get started today". Well, I am going to get started today, but not to get killer abs, buns o' steel or cut biceps. I am getting started with making great memories with my kids, enjoying fun experience and eating a donut whenever I darn-well please. Have a Boo-rific Halloween.

These girls look really intense!

Me and "Belinda" and Rin with what looks like to me is a Bush Baby :)

Don't know if you can tell, but Hank is in the giant pumpkin.

Steve and Hank's masterpiece.

The goofy goober crew.

Darling, Devilish Duo!

Beautiful girls.

No severed fingers or cut tendons - phew!

1 comment:

  1. I'm seriously loving this blog. seriously. Love Sunny's glasses in the pictures. Looks like a very fun event!

    ReplyDelete