Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Cat Scarf

Hank wearing his cat scarf

We have a cat named Panda. The thing about this cat is he is HUGE. It's not that he is fat, because he's not. He is extremely long, tall and athletic. I know it sounds like I am describing an NBA player, except my cat is not an overpaid baby like an NBA player. All spring, summer and fall Panda trolls the neighborhood killing birds, mice, rats, squirrels and he even once killed a weasel. He is almost three years old, and at the top of his game, so to speak. Did I mention that he does all of these amazing hunting feats with no front claws? Yep. Another endearing thing about Panda is that he loves to go on walks. No, not on a leash. He would never put up with being restricted like a lowly dog. However, he follows me around the neighborhood, walking right beside me, and will often wait if I pop into a neighbor's house and then will accompany me back home. I love this about him. But really, the single best thing about Panda is that he is such a lover. My kids lay all over him, kiss him, toss him around like a beanbag, dress him up in doll clothes, throw him in the pool, snuggle him and, my favorite of all, wear him like a scarf. Here is Hank today, wearing the cat scarf. Doesn't Panda's expression just say it all? Happy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment