Thursday, January 19, 2012

So grateful to be alive in 2012!




Every now and then I hear people say how they wish they lived in a different time period, i.e. back when things were more simple, etc. - think of the Victorian Era, the 1950s, the Renaissance, or heck, why not the neolithic period!?! I could not disagree more. I love living in 2012. I love electricity, toothpaste, TIVO, micro fleece, child labor laws, shopping on the internet, deodorant, electric blankets, turning a handle and being able to drink clean pure water, Pinterest, not having to "work the land" to put food on my table, wearing contacts, epidurals, Google and that women can vote, own land and wear pants! But most of all, I love that I live in a time during which medical advances will allow me to WALK, hopefully pain free, clear into my 80s (that age alone is another modern marvel) without becoming a cripple. Although I am only 43, I look at this beautiful 6 inch long scar on my knee and it brings me to tears filled with gratitude and joy. Oh, PT will be a beast, but you really know you are alive when you are feeling a little bit of pain. Thank you to everyone who has helped make this possible for me.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, that really is a beast! Happy you did it! Look forward to the new knee and new you!

    ReplyDelete